Who are we?
he Irwin-Hodson Company (IHCO) was originally founded in 1892 as the Ben C. Irwin Company. A four-man printing and bookbinding business, the Company depended primarily upon banks for their business, providing forms, ledgers, blank-books and other office supplies. Salesmen traveled by stagecoach and train for weeks at a time to various banks scattered throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana.The Irwin-Hodson Company (IHCO) was originally founded in 1892 as the Ben C. Irwin Company.
In 1894 the Ben C. Irwin Company joined with Clarence Hodson and The Irwin-Hodson Company was born. The current family reign began when E. A. McDonald, Sr., first employed by the company as a bookkeeper in 1942, became president in 1954. He was the father of E. A. McDonald, Jr., who began with the company in 1952. He followed his father as president in 1974 and served in that capacity until his death in 1985. At that time his son, T.J. McDonald, became President with Mark S. McDonald serving as Vice President. In 2012, T.J. and Mark S. McDonald appointed their sons Nick McDonald and Mark E. McDonald to the positions of President and Vice President.
Irwin Hodson continues to be a provider of high quality large format printing, commercial and digital printing, packaging, promotional products, embossed signage and reflective products.